- Wilbur Rowe Middle School, Milwaukie, OR, delivered a virtual presentation on Ability Challenges and Lifestyle to the student body and faculty, April 2021
- “The students loved your video and felt it was very uplifting…Thanks again for your participation!!” — Molly Burke, Success Coach
- Kean University, Union, NJ, addressed History 1062: World Civilization, taught by Dr. Sean Dineen, on the subject of “Inclusion Throughout Our Time and References to My Own” November, 2019.
- Papermill Playhouse Theatre for Everyone, Union, New Jersey, guest-taught movement and singing to a class of young adults on the autism spectrum, November, 2019.
- United Cerebral Palsy of San Diego County, People First Conference Keynote Speaker. “Living Longer, Growing Stronger” May, 2015.
- Independent Writers of Southern California, Culver City, CA. Sat on a panel discussion about writing for/with/by/about disabilities, November, 2010
- Kean University, Union, New Jersey, addressed the Historical Society on “Discrimination and How We Can Help Other Disabled People Attain their Career Goals,” April, 2008
- Joseph Pomeroy Widney High School, guest speaker for the graduating class of 2007, on “Empowering One’s Self,” June, 2007
- California Rehabilitation Services, delivered lecture and led exercise class, March, 2007
- Kean University, New Jersey, lectured at two American Civil Society classes on ”Discrimination & Achievement,” Nov, 2006
- Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center, CA. “Diversity & Unity,” May, 2006
- Delivered a paper “Are Scientific Advances Overshadowing Human Values in Regards to People with Disabilities?” Monash Faculty (School) of Law, Melbourne, Australia, 2006
- Guest reader at : VSA Arts of New Jersey, 2005. This program is now part of the Kennedy Center. Karen read the first two chapters of her book, The Broken Hoof.
- Lectured at Long Beach Unified School District, “On Inclusion,” 2001
PUBLISHED MAGAZINE ARTICLES:
- Audacity Magazine, “A Trip of Thanksgiving,” November, 2008
- Audacity Magazine, “The Ruling Thoughts of Fear,” October, 2008
- Audacity Magazine, “Peering Eyes Watching,” September, 2008
- Audacity Magazine, “The Pied Piper’s Taps,” July, 2008
- Audacity Magazine, “The Trip I Took to the East Coast to Speak for Our People: Pushing Forward,” June, 2008
- LD Online article, “Different Stages in a Learning Disabled Writer’s Life,” April, 2008
- Saga Journal, “Between Reality and Mythos,” an analysis of Karen’s first memoir The Broken Hoof as a mythic work, by Prof. Sean P. Dineen, April 2008
- Audacity Magazine, “If I Can, You Can,” April 2007
- INTERNET—coolpeoplecare.org, “Cool People in the Community: Whispers of Hope Inspires”, October, 2008 (site is no longer live)
- INTERNET – Funky Flamingo TV- August, 2008 (website no longer live)
- VIDEO CLIP, “Born to Dance” realhealth.tv, January, 2007 (clip no longer live)
- NEWSPAPER – Senior World Newspaper Article, January, 1988 (no longer available)
- RADIO – UCLA Radio – Sculpture Garden Project for Disabled Women, “On Cue” Sound Company, April, 1986 (no longer available)
- TELEVISION – KNBC NEWS, CHANNEL 4, May 1985